Home Care Worker | Community Carer<br>Home Care Worker | Communi…
HOME CARE WORKER | COMMUNITY CARER
- Part-time opportunity with flexible hours
- Mobile role across the ACT and surrounds
- Enjoy workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We are Goodwin, a multi-award winning, quality seniors’ services and accommodation provider in the ACT and regional NSW. For over 65 years, our community-based, not for profit organisation has been providing the Canberra and NSW regional community with experience-driven retirement villages, reliable and innovative in-home community care, and superior standard residential aged care facilities. There are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family, and lifestyle provisions.
- Generous salary packaging options – up to $15,899 plus competitive pay
- Employee Assistance Program and Staff Wellness Program
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Uniforms are provided
- Travel / Kilometre Claim
- Data allowance
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Home Care Worker (Community Carer), you will empower our clients and support them to maintain their health and well-being so that they are able to live independently in their own homes.
This is a part-time role with some weekend work possibly required, hours are to be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate. You will receive an in-depth induction into Goodwin, which will include on the job training, from there you will be expected to work unsupervised and follow procedures.
- Provision of Care - Provide quality care and support to elderly clients in their home as per care plans.
- Empower clients - encourage client choice, independence, reablement and wellbeing with a culture of doing with, not for.
- Efficient time management - Ensure all allocated work tasks are completed through effective prioritisation.
- Accurate documentation - Ensure all record-keeping and documentation is accurate, adheres to policy, procedure and legislation and is completed in a timely manner e.g. care plans, progress notes, reports, assessments etc.
- Communication - Communicates and interacts with Goodwin clients and staff in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards, Goodwin policies and procedures and legislation
- Privacy and Confidentiality - Understand the importance of and adheres to privacy and confidentiality in accordance with legislation and Goodwin policies and procedures.
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for people who are passionate about caring for others. As a Goodwin carer you will:
- Look for possibilities to make a positive difference in clients’ lives.
- Value individuality and diversity.
- Support rights, needs, choices and dreams.
- Be willing to champion quality and raise concerns.
You must have the following to be considered for this role:
- Australian Citizen or have work rights in Australia.
- Drivers’ license.
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle with comprehensive car insurance and car registration.
- A smart phone.
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care / Home & Community) or other similar qualification or willingness to obtain within one year of your employment. Full support to undertake this qualification will be provided by Goodwin, if required.
For further information about the role, please contact Julie Reid, People Manager Community Care, on (02) 6175 5656.
The successful candidate must possess the right to work in Australia; must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster); must be vaccinated against influenza and be willing to undergo a Criminal Background Check as pre-requisites to employment.
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - ACT - Cleaner]