Head Chef/Assistant to the Catering Manager
Spotless is seeking a talented, passionate, and innovative Head Chef/Assistant Catering Manager to manage the kitchen team and operations of our accommodation village located in the Mackay.
The Head Chef/Assistant Catering Manager responsibilities:
- The ability to create and implement a high end service culture steeped in professionalism in all aspects of kitchen operations
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of kitchen professionals
- Ability to perform efficiently, working well under pressure and controlling multiple sections in the kitchen
- An ability to create high end menus, recipes and procedures
- Is motivated by great service, great teamwork and customer satisfaction
- Organisational ability including time management, task prioritisation and resource scheduling
- Ensure compliance with relevant Occupational Health and Safety procedures including knowledge of HACCP
- Flexibility with working hours
- Experience with Remote FIFO accommodation villages
Who are we:
Spotless has “many fingers in the pie” so to speak with contracts in Defence, Airport Lounges, Education, Sports & Leisure just to name a few. Spotless has now entered exciting times with Downer combining 56,000 staff together to provide a diverse offering to our clients and customers.
Spotless – Resources division is a well-known in providing service solutions, management, and operations of accommodations village in remote locations throughout Australia.
What we are looking for:
- Proven time management and problem solving skills with demonstrated initiative in using good judgment and decision making with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrative leadership and experience in motivating teams in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Experienced in consulting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Experienced with a high focus on workplace health and safety.
- Demonstrated understanding of local state Food Safety legislation.
- Proven experience overseeing menu development and planning, Budget control and costing of menus. Stock ordering and Stocktakes
- You will need to be computer literate, experienced with performance management, and have strong delegation and customer service skills in order to fulfill your role as Head Chef.
- With our focus on service and quality you must be proactive, flexible and fast while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and never compromise on quality
- This business is a diverse operation so you must be able to perform efficiently, working well under pressure and controlling multiple sections in the kitchen
- Highly motivated by the satisfaction of producing great tasting, well presented food resulting in consistent high level customer service
- The highest standards of food and occupational safety and hygiene and hold relevant Food Hygiene and Food Safe Handling Certificates
- A current driver's license
- Spotless is working to foster a culture focused on customer service, quality, safety and being a great place to work, with team members who are Skilled, Dynamic, Engaging, Friendly and Confident.
Benefits and Culture
- A very competitive salary
- A great roster that allows you to have a week off!!!
- Free Accommodation and meals
- Access to onsite gyms with Lifestyle Co-ordinates
- Swimming pool, basketball, and tennis courts
- Tavern and retail shop
- Transported to site at our expense
If you have read this and you meet all the above criteria and you have what it takes to deliver a world class food experience, then we want to hear from you.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police Clearance.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - QLD - Chef]