Commis Chef - Accor
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is currently seeking a Commis Chef to join their dynamic and professional team. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Kitchen department.
If you enjoy variety in your day and are passionate about food preparation and presentation as well as delivering quality cuisine with a flair - then this is a role for you!
Essential duties for the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with ordering necessary food items accordingly to business needs and demands.
- Work with and coordinate the work of Apprentice Chefs in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare mis-en place as required.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage, whereby you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining stock control procedures.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy. Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
In order to be successful for this role, you will have unlimited working rights in Australia and demonstrate a genuine passion for Food and Beverage. You are trade qualified and have previous experience in a similar role or environment. You are customer service driven and have the capacity to multi task. You cope well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. You are available to work varied shifts, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays. You have the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
In return, we will provide you with a competitive salary package, career development opportunities, a fun and rewarding work environment, as well as hotel discounts worldwide.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for this role.
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - SA - Chef]