Assistant Farm Manager
Our client is a large horticulture company which specialises in potatoes and onions, with major cropping areas and processing and packing facilities throughout Australia. One of their operations is based in the Riverland region of South Australia, and the company would now like to appoint a dedicated Assistant Farm Manager with strong knowledge and experience in horticulture with a preference in potatoes and/or onions.
The Assistant Farm Manager would be the 2IC to the Farm Manager, assisting in the management of the farm operations to ensure that maximum yield and quality is met and ensure that best practice is applied to ground preparation, planting, growing and harvesting processes. You will work in conjunction with the Farm Manager and the internal and external agronomists to ensure recommendations and inputs are effective.
- Assist in the management of the farm operations in line with financial budgets and cropping plans developed
- Oversee and manage all in crop requirements including pre-sowing programs, sowing, spraying, fertiliser application, irrigation scheduling, inspections, harvest planning and grading
- Liaise with the agronomy team on agronomy programs and plan including nutritionals and crop protection
- Manage the crop scouting process to assess pest pressure and crop performance to evaluate economic risk from pest infestations and disease, as well as to determine the potential effectiveness of pest and disease control interventions
- Research and manage variety trials, and provide outcome reports
- Manage, monitor, evaluate and report on quality, quality rankings, yield and performance
- Implement storage plans and manage storage of both ambient and cool storage
- Ensure stock draw down is managed by liaising with the sales department and managing harvest plans to ensure customer orders, projected sales, quantity and quality standards are met.
The role requires firstly good technical experience in horticulture, potatoes and/or onions and secondly experience in managing the day-to-day operations of a large horticulture farm operation. You must be able to assist in delivering agronomic solutions to ensure the adoption of sustainable farming systems that use best farming practices and techniques to maximize production, reduce costs, and provide for long term across all onion farms You must have demonstrated experience managing all tasks involved with the planning, planting, growing and harvesting process, as well as strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
Remuneration and Location
There is an competitive salary package on offer to attract the right person for this senior management role. The role is based in the Riverland Region of South Australia.
Please apply online or contact Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director, Agricultural Appointments, by mobile on 0419012841 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion on the role if required.
To keep informed about future roles, follow us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agricultural-appointments).
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - SA - Farrm]