- Multiple Positions available - 2 x Permanent Vacancies (0.6FTE) and 1 x Temporary 12 month (0.5FTE)
- Model exceptional leadership skills within a fun and vibrant workplace
- Excellent remuneration, flexible salary packaging and access to employee wellness program
- Make a difference as a part of a not-for-profit community hospital
Excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our Catering Centre and
provide our patients with a high quality food service
Burnside Hospital is a values-driven, not-for-profit community hospital with a passion to care for our community. We exist to provide safe, contemporary care for every patient, every time. We know our people are pivotal to our achievement of strategic objectives and create the patient-experience every day.
About the Role…
Become a member of the Burnside Hospital team and you will have the opportunity to work within our Catering Centre and contribute to the hospital achieving our mission of providing safe, contemporary care for every patient, every time in current well-equipped facilities.The Catering Centre consists of a dedicated team including Chefs, Theatre Catering Attendants and Catering Assistants who all contribute to delivery high quality customer service to patients of Burnside Hospital.
As Chef, you will be responsible for the safe, efficient and high quality preparation of all food and beverages provided by the Catering Centre. Your focus will be food safety, quality and outstanding customer service. You will work closely with all staff in the Catering Centre and the Hospitality Services Manager to deliver high quality services to patients, staff and visitors. This exciting position requires you to work flexible hours which span from 5:00am until 9:00pm over a 7 day roster.
You are a highly passionate and driven person seeking a role where your interest in food safety and delivery is appreciated. You will possess current knowledge of relevant industry guidelines and health standards and hold an appropriate qualification in the Catering field. You show drive, energy and initiative. You have a positive attitude to work and ability to work as part of an effective team.
You will have proven recent experience in a similar role in an organisation comparable to Burnside Hospital and an exceptional understanding of up-to-date food handling, food safety and food hygiene standards.
You share the values of Burnside Hospital. You want to be a part of a dynamic team. Above all, you embrace and are committed to be a part of delivering quality patient care.
Essential skills & competencies:
- Holds (at a minimum) a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Recent experience in a similar role in an organisation comparable to Burnside Hospital
- Knowledge of Food Standards Australia & New Zealand (FSANZ) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to act in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
- Proficient use of basic information technology, including email and the internet
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of special and modified diets cooking
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the values of the organisation
- Flexible and proactive approach to work with a willingness to learn
If you are a motivated person who realises the opportunity this role offers
and are ready to be a part of a team where you can utilise
your skills and passion to provide excellent patient-centred care, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button
please attach your cover letter and we’ll be in touch.
Applications close Monday 15 April 2019 @ 5pm
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
No recruitment agencies please
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - SA - Chef]