Food Co-ordinator/Cook<br>Food Co-ordinator/Cook
Leederville Early Childhood Centre is a well-established, community based, early childhood education and care service. Recently rated Exceeding, our service is licenced for 64 children and open between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm.
Leederville Early Childhood Centre has been offering quality early education and care since 1993.
Close to Oxford Street café strip and public transport, our service is well established within the local community. Large indoor and outdoor spaces are well utilised for play based learning inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia. Our service is the first in Australia to have Schema Play accreditation.
We are seeking a passionate Food Co-ordinator to work in our kitchen, 3 days per week.
The position is Monday to Wednesday between the hours of 7.30am and 2.30pm.
What you’ll bring to our service:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent qualification) and/or experience and passion in cooking in an early learning/ educational setting
- Completed or willing to complete Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Your own creativity to adapt/ develop a nutritional menu to meet the needs of our children
- Knowledge of safe practices working in a kitchen environment
- Valid Working with Children Card
What you’ll do:
- Prepare morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea for large groups of children
- Work in partnership with families in meeting all children's dietary requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen
- Co-ordinate the purchasing and ordering of supplies to reflect the menu
- Adhere to the service’s food safety programme
What's in it for you?
Besides the opportunity to work for a standalone service that puts its staff, children and families first, not profit
- Above award wage
- A safe, friendly, and respectful environment towards educator well-being including Employee Assistance Program, free flu vaccination
- A fun, supportive and passionate team of loyal educators
- Paid staff meetings and professional learning opportunities
- Comprehensive orientation program for all new staff
- A uniform is available but not compulsory
- 2 weeks off at Christmas when the service closes
- The service is cleaned nightly after hours by professional cleaners
Come and work for a service where you are respected and valued. If you would like to see more, find us on Facebook and Instagram.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. If you would like to work in an innovative service with a commitment to its staff and families, please email your CV with a cover letter and references to [email protected] or contact the service on 9227 1514 for further information.
[출처 : SEEK JOBS - WA - Cleaner]